- Avaza may hold personal information about you which you input into our database, however this is not the only source of information we collect about you.
- Only you and your nominated representatives (which explicitly includes some Avaza system administrative employees) have access to your data under normal operational circumstances with the exception of summarised anonymous data.
- Summarised anonymous data will lack sufficient detail to identify underlying individuals or individual businesses making up that data.
- You agree that we may use your data as a part of summarised anonymous data for benchmarking, financial trends and economic analysis and reporting by our research teams products and services.
- For any questions or comments about this policy please email support@Avaza.com and we will attend to your query promptly.
In providing our services and products to you, we may collect and use information about you. The Privacy Act 1988 and Privacy Amendment Act 2012 set out specific privacy principles which we must abide by in the collection, use and disclosure of your information.
We collect and hold personal information about you required to perform our services for you. Personal information includes your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile numbers, e-mail address, bank account and credit card details, details of your services and other information.
If we collect any sensitive information from you, including sensitive personal financial information, we will not use or disclose such information except as authorised by you to perform our services for you, and to provide summarised anonymous benchmarking data across all our clients.
Access to your information by your professional advisors or other representatives can only be granted by you.
If you choose not to provide personal information we may not be able to provide specific services at a sufficient level that we regard as important for performing at best practice. In these circumstances, we reserve the right to terminate the supply of this service to you.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information:
- In conversations with you and your employees, in person or by e-mail, fax and telephone;
- From third parties such as your employees, your accountant, your customers, your suppliers, related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives
- From publicly available sources of information
- When we are required to do so by law
- From our own records of your usage of Avaza services
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will use your personal information to:
- Provide products and services to you
- Collect payments and to administer your account
- Provide you with updated or new information about our products or services
- Conduct creditworthiness checks and/or fraud checks
- For development of existing and new products and services
- Maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems
- Actively promote our other products and services to you. If you do not wish to receive such communications please advise us.
- For research into our client base and for related purposes by our research team including as aggregated (anonymous) benchmarking data.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
In providing our products and services, or collecting and using your personal information, we will always keep your data as private as commercially feasible. In the normal course of business and in order to provide your service we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to organisations outside Avaza. Such organisations may include:
- Our outsourced service providers which we select very carefully
- Your legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors if you agree as part of the service
- Credit- and/or fraud-reporting agencies if you use the service for making financial transaction instructions
- Organisations providing you with credit or financing
- Our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors and bankers
- Regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law
- Our subsidiaries and closely related organisations
- Other organisations involved in managing our trade receivables, business, financial affairs
- Other organisations subscribing to our client base research data which will be aggregated and anonymous
If we are required to disclose your personal information to an overseas organisation as part of our service to you, we will take all reasonable efforts to ensure that the recipient entity cares and protects your privacy too.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable precautions to make sure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. We appreciate notification of errors, omissions or changes in your personal information. This is especially important for information required for us to communicate with you, such as a change in name, email, phone or address.
Security of Your Personal Information
Avaza takes reasonable steps that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some notable measures to ensure the security of your personal information include: Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection encryption; and regular backups of the database. The security of your information is also dependent on your own measures to protect your Avaza usernames, email addresses and passwords from disclosure and unauthorised use.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access any of your personal information that we hold, with some exceptions as under law. To obtain a copy of this information, write to us requesting the information and we will provide it to you. Avaza reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of this information.
In order to improve our website, we are keen to understand better what sections of our website you find to be most useful and interesting.
“Cookies” allows our website to store tokens of information in your browser. They give your browser an identifier which is used by our website while you are on it. Cookies help us to identify what areas of our website are popular based on traffic to those areas.
Most Internet browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your computer, giving you the choice whether to accept it or not.
Through our ISP and by using cookies, we can identify your web browser and in some cases your identity (eg if you fill out a Contact Us form).
We use Google AdWords Remarketing features in order to better serve our advertising to you on other sites. This uses the Teracent cookie. You may opt out of the Teracent cookie by visiting the Teracent opt-out page.
By continuing to use our products or services or website you consent to Avaza maintaining, using and disclosing your personal information as described in this document for a period of no less than seven years from the date of your last use of the system (or the date of the last use of the system by any user under your subscription, which ever is the latest).
If you feel your privacy has been compromised in any way, or if you are in concerned that Avaza may be in breach of your privacy rights under law, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your concerns promptly.